Pediatric dentistry is an age-defined specialty that provides both preventive and therapeutic dental care for infants, children and adolescents.
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists are the pediatricians of dentistry. After completing dental school, we are further trained for the unique dental health needs of children. Our specialized education consists of child psychology, growth and development, management of oral-facial trauma, sedation and general anesthesia.
How We are Different
Peninsula Pediatric Dentistry is designed to help children feel at home and comfortable, and our experienced dental staff is trained to respond to the special concerns and needs of our patients. Children are offered the opportunity to see, touch and operate all of the dental equipment.
All Children are Not Alike!
Dr. Rob provides an ongoing assessment of the changes in your child's oral health. As an expert in dental development, he will monitor your child's needs and provide advice and treatment to ensure a winning smile. From teething infants to appearance-conscious teenagers, Dr. Rob will provide dental care based on comprehensive dental research and clinical experience.
Our Focus on Prevention
Maintaining disease-free teeth and gums is a major goal of the pediatric dentist. To help prevent tooth decay, we make sure our patients receive optimum fluoride exposure and we apply pit and fissure sealants when appropriate. In addition, our dental staff demonstrates proper brushing and flossing techniques and assists patients and their families in identifying foods that promote tooth decay. The total care your child receives in our clinic will serve as a motivating force, promoting good oral health habits that can be maintained for a lifetime.
Special Services Provided by Pediatric Dentists in addition to basic dental care:
- In-Office Pediatric Sedation: This service allows our patients to relax during treatments.
- General Anesthesia: Used if your child needs extensive or complicated procedures that takes a long time to complete
- Special Attention: We specialize in managing patients with behavioral problems or handicapping conditions.
- Counsels and Advises: We make sure patients and family are informed on growth and development dental problems.
- Preventive Services: Provides through use of fluorides and sealants and instructs patient and family members on dental care.